Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tactical Rifles.net Makes a Splash at 1200 Yards!

Tactical Rifles.net Makes a Splash at 1200 Yards!

Tactical Rifles (Tactical Rifles.net)  strives to deliver head turning results with each rifle.


I recently had a chance to stretch the legs of a TR 300WM in April.  My spotter, Dan, and I were running a couple of rifles through the paces at 1200 yards.  The weather was perfect, slight tail wind, mild temperature.  After 3 shots to dial in a zero, I made three (3) shots with approximately 8-12 second intervals.  Dan called out the first two hits inches from each other, so the pressure is always immense to break the 3rd correctly to round out the group.  I took the shot, and the 3rd hit looked good.  When we traveled downrange and reached the steel target we measured a 3.25 inch, center to center spread (0.26 MOA).  Definitely the best group I have personally posted to date. All the other Tactical Rifles I have experienced (approximately a half dozen or so) act in a similar fashion and normally yield 0.35 MOA groups at distances out to 1000 yards.

-Scot Goesch, GIG Long Range Systems

No comments: